Teaching business related English is one of the most rapidly expanding areas of English language teaching due to the continued globalization of business practices around the world. As ever increasing numbers of businesses are now relying on English as the international language of communication there is a huge demand in many areas for teachers who specialize in this field. Our CTBE course has been designed to give you the specialized skills and techniques that are necessary in order to provide an effective teaching environment for this specific group of learners.
It is not necessary to have any particular knowledge or experience of the business world in order to teach business English in the classroom as many of the language skills are the same as any other English course. With that in mind, our course will simply show you how to adapt your existing knowledge to fit the requirements of business English students.
With the addition of the CTBE certificate to your CV/resume you will find that you will have access to a far wider range of employment opportunities worldwide.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
Choosing the tutored option for this course will give you access to the support and assistance of our experienced online tutors for the duration of your training. You will be able to contact a tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice via email within one working day.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
This specialized course follows the same basic structure as our standard online TEFL/TESOL courses. After studying the materials that accompany each unit, your understanding of them will be assessed before you move on to the materials that are included in the following unit. When all units have been successfully completed you will then need to complete a final essay writing task.
You will have up to six months to work through all the course materials, and within this time limit you can study at any pace you are comfortable with. Upon completing the course you will graduate and receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
Once you have completed ITTT’s online Certificate in Teaching Business English you should be able to effectively:
- Use industry standard language to evaluate and discuss the process of teaching business English.
- Identify the specific needs of your students and then use that information to construct an effective business related course syllabus.
- Design your own lesson plans that will target the specific needs of business students, as well as produce clear ideas for delivering those plans in the classroom.
- Locate and design a variety of classroom materials that are suitable for business clients.
- Develop different assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Understand the specific roles of a business English teacher in different situations and environments.
- Identify and follow opportunities for professional and personal development.
special price on offer from