Traditionally, the majority of people who complete a TEFL certification course do so in order to travel overseas to work in schools or language centres. However, in recent years more and more teachers have chosen to earn a living by teaching English online. Demand for online language tuition has rocketed to the point that it could even outstrip the demand for classroom based courses in the near future. If you want to take advantage of this booming area of the TEFL world, our CTEO course will show you how to adapt your existing skills and knowledge to suit this very unique learning environment.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in teaching English online, you will gain access to our unique network of CTEO course graduates. Our graduates have gone on to work for all the main employers of online teachers and can offer a wide range of help and advice regarding your own career path.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is aimed at anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
Previous experience or training in teaching English online is not required to complete this course.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
To avoid the need for an end of course exam, this course is assessed via a short online test at the end of each individual unit. There is no set pass rate for each test; instead you need to achieve an average score of 75% across all the unit tests. The final summative task requires you to submit a written assignment that will be marked by one of our online tutors. Once you have completed all sections of the course you will be awarded your course certificate.
Completion of this course should be possible regardless of any other work or family commitments you have as we allow up to six months to complete all the units. Within this maximum time limit you can work at any pace that suits your lifestyle.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TEFL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TEFL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching English online (CTEO) is included in our 550-hour Expert Package.. For full details of this popular course option follow the link below.