Until quite recently, the majority of TEFL qualified teachers were employed by schools or language centers in countries outside of their homeland, however, things are rapidly changing. Over the last few years online language learning has surged in popularity and some say it could even overtake traditional classroom based learning in the near future. Having the ability to teach English online gives you the option of working from anywhere in the world, which is perfect for anyone who is not in a position to head overseas. By completing our CTEO course you will learn how to adapt everything you already know about English teaching to suit this booming sector of the TEFL world.
Another real benefit of this particular course is the access you will have to our CTEO graduate network. Once you have successfully completed the course you will be able to interact with dozens of former trainees who are now working as online English teachers for some of the biggest employers in the field.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is designed for anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
No previous experience or training in teaching English online is required to complete this course.
If you want to ensure a smooth journey through this course you should consider the tutored version as it provides ongoing access to an experienced online tutor for the duration of your studies. Your online tutor will be on hand to offer detailed help and advice with any aspect of the course via email within one working day.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
At the end of each unit, before you move onto the next, you will be given a short online test to ensure you have absorbed the subjects that have been covered. Although there is no set pass rate for each individual test, you will need to achieve a score of 75% on average across all the unit tests. Once you have worked through the first six units, you will then submit a written task to complete the course. As long as all the course sections are completed satisfactorily, you will receive your course certificate.
To ensure you have the flexibility you need when working through this course, we allow up to six months to complete all the sections. Within this maximum timeframe, how and when you choose to work on the course is entirely up to you.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
special price on offer from