Within the TEFL/TESOL business, teaching the English language to adult learners is clearly a large section of the industry, however, teaching English to young learners is experiencing a rapid growth in demand right around the world. Our CTEYL training course has been designed to give you the specialized skills and techniques that are necessary in order to provide an effective teaching environment for this specific group of learners.
When providing language tuition for adult learners we can often assume that they have chosen to be in the classroom and that they are likely to be self motivated and keen to learn, however, when teaching young learners the classroom dynamic can often be very different. With this in mind, the CTEYL course looks closely at the specific strategies that can be employed in order to keep young language learners interested and motivated within the classroom.
With the addition of this specialized training certificate you will find that your general teaching skills will be greatly enhanced and you will have access to a far wider range of employment opportunities worldwide.
CTEYL Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of teaching English to young learners.
- No previous experience or training in young learners’ education is required to complete this course.
CTEYL Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: Professional Development
- Summative Task
The young learner course follows the same basic format as our standard online TEFL/TESOL courses. After you have worked through the materials that accompany each unit, your understanding of them will be evaluated before you carry on with the materials for the next unit.
You will be allowed up to six months to work through all the course materials, and within this time limit you are free to study at whatever pace you want. Once you have finished all the course units, you will graduate and receive your online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners.
CTEYL Course Aims
Once you have completed ITTT’s online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners, you should be able to effectively:
- Use industry standard language to evaluate and discuss the process of teaching English to young learners.
- Identify the specific needs of your students and then use that information to construct an effective course syllabus.
- Design your own lesson plans that will target the specific needs of young learners, as well as produce clear ideas for delivering those plans in the classroom.
- Locate and design a variety of classroom materials that are suitable for young learners.
- Develop different assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Understand the specific roles of a teacher in different situations and environments.
- Identify and follow opportunities for professional and personal development.
special price on offer from