Teaching business related English is one of the most rapidly expanding areas of English language teaching due to the continued globalization of business practices around the world. As ever increasing numbers of businesses are now relying on English as the international language of communication there is a huge demand in many areas for teachers who specialize in this field. Our CTBE course has been designed to give you the specialized skills and techniques that are necessary in order to provide an effective teaching environment for this specific group of learners.
It is not necessary to have any particular knowledge or experience of the business world in order to teach business English in the classroom as many of the language skills are the same as any other English course. With that in mind, our course will simply show you how to adapt your existing knowledge to fit the requirements of business English students.
With the addition of the CTBE certificate to your CV/resume you will find that you will have access to a far wider range of employment opportunities worldwide.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
This specialized course follows the same basic structure as our standard online TEFL/TESOL courses. After studying the materials that accompany each unit, your understanding of them will be assessed before you move on to the materials that are included in the following unit.
You will have up to six months to work through all the course materials, and within this time limit you can study at any pace you are comfortable with. Upon completing the course you will graduate and receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
Once you have completed ITTT’s online Certificate in Teaching Business English you should be able to effectively:
- Use industry standard language to evaluate and discuss the process of teaching business English.
- Identify the specific needs of your students and then use that information to construct an effective business related course syllabus.
- Design your own lesson plans that will target the specific needs of business students, as well as produce clear ideas for delivering those plans in the classroom.
- Locate and design a variety of classroom materials that are suitable for business clients.
- Develop different assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Understand the specific roles of a business English teacher in different situations and environments.
- Identify and follow opportunities for professional and personal development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TEFL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TEFL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching business English (CTBE) is included in all three of our multi-course options; the 220-hour Master Package, the 470-hour Professional Package, and the 550-hour Expert Package. For full details of these popular course options follow the links below.