The online TEFL/TESOL Diploma course is the most advanced course option that we offer at ITTT. The course is specifically designed for practicing teachers who have completed a regular TEFL/TESOL training course and are looking to take the next step in their English language teaching education.
There are a variety of different reasons for choosing ITTT’s Diploma course including:
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an EFL teacher.
- The potential to earn a higher income.
- The opportunity to obtain a more prestigious teaching position.
Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
Modules 1 to 11 will each require in the region of 21 hours of study time. The summative task requires a research-based thesis that usually takes in the region of 20 hours to complete. Therefore, you should allocate around 250 hours of study time to complete the whole course.
Diploma Course Aims
Our advanced diploma course includes a wide variety of content, ranging from educational theories to teaching material design, which is specifically aimed at providing you with a clearer understanding of the role of the teacher in an English language classroom.
As you work your way through the course modules you should find that you gradually develop a wide range of transferable skills that will be of use both inside and outside of the classroom, especially skills such as essay writing and research related techniques.
Diploma Course Assessment
The diploma course includes a multiple choice test at the end of each module. Once you have completed the test for each individual module your answers will be automatically marked and the results shown in a graph format. Following completion of the eleven course modules, you will then need to submit a research project as outlined in the summative task.
Upon successful completion of all the module tests and the end of course thesis, you will graduate and receive your online TEFL/TESOL Diploma certificate.
Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course Job Guidance
After you have completed your online diploma course, ITTT will be happy to provide all the assistance we can to help you find a teaching position. Our support services include:
- CV/resume construction
- Advice on how to find job vacancies
- Advice on job applications
- Interview techniques and preparation
All these services are provided free of charge for the duration of your teaching career.
TEFL/TESOL Diploma Special Offer
Enrol before the end of the month on our online diploma course and you will be given a 120-hour TEFL/TESOL certification course free of charge. Alternatively, if you are already TEFL/TESOL certified, you can choose either the CTEYL or the CTBE course as your free course option.
special price on offer from